Tuesday 9 February 2010

A busy weekend

Well this is the first time I have sat down at the laptop since friday of last week. Last weekend I was in Dagenham for two one day workshops. I have been to this group twice before so knew some of the handlers. The first day was for beginners so we tackled a lot of the moves and then developed them on a little with those that could perform them.

The only trouble was that the dogs got really exhausted as anyone who has been on my workshops know I always cover a lot on them. So I think many of the dogs and perhaps a few handlers slept well after that first days training. The second day was for dogs that had done some moves, so we linked them together as well as learnt some other moves. There were some nice dogs on the workshops and a Rottie with a tail who was a very handsome boy. I must admit I have not always liked some of the Rotties with tails that I have seen but this boy was a really nice one.

Leaving the venue on sunday evening I set the sat nav to Rugby as I was going to stay with Dave and Mary Ray as I had agreed to go up and help Mary with her routine. The monday dawned and we had to get to the Rugby dog training venue early as the owner of the place had decided to put a new cattle grid in so we had to get there before they started. As it turned out it was a good job we did get their early as it took a while to get through everything. I'm sure that Marys new routine will go down well as it always does and there is certainly a move towards the end which people will remember.

So what with the weekend and working with Mary on her routine its given me a much needed boost to get on with Pogos routines. Of course I have had the routines worked out for a while but there has just been a couple of bits which I thought I would leave until I knew if I had qualified. Today I went out training and luckily there was not many people in the park as I think I would have got some odd looks with my props. In Pogos freestyle routine she has what I have called the Titanic move and its not been always going to plan. I always like to have the moves to the stage where I know the dog will 90% of the time perform it but with this one I have not got my part off pat yet. So I will see how it goes and then decide if I will definitely put it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment