Friday 5 February 2010

New Crufts rule fiasco

Well as I mentioned in my last post HTM / Freestyle competitors were notified of a new rule that was made up on Saturday that you would have to do the same routine at the semis and the final. It was no surprise when I heard that the Crufts department have released yesterday this new rule on the Kennel Club website. I think it is a case of get it out there quickly to try and shut up those people who are not in favour of it. I have to say I am disappointed that the people who work with the crufts main arena regarding HTM have not put forward the handlers point of view and are basically backing the rule it seems.

As yet I personally have not heard from anyone who thinks the rule is workable and necessary. Plus many handlers are disgusted at the way it has been brought in without any consultation and in a very dictatorial manner.

So what are the implications now ? well firstly it has been pointed out to me that I should make sure I tick that box on the entry form which says you don't want to be filmed. Why, well who will want to have a record of their routine on film so that others can say you have done the routine differently. Secondly are the judges who have already accepted the judging of the final appointments for 2011 happy to disqualify handlers under this rule. Also if a a judge is not at the semi final how will they know whether of not the routine is different ? who will be telling them that the routine has changed ? there are so many more questions I could list but I wont bore you.

I am so glad i do not work Disco in the semis anymore as I have always had to improvise sometimes huge parts of the routine as she never liked doing a predictable routine.

I must admit to feeling very disheartened by this rule and wonder why I bother to compete : (

No comments:

Post a Comment