Wednesday 3 February 2010

The semi final aftermath

Well its a few days after the semi finals and I'm feeling in need of a bit of a boost. It's always the way after the semis, there is a big build up then its all over. Of course I really should be thinking about the Crufts routines but just cannot get the energy up until today to think about them. Then of course thinking about the routine makes me panic, is there enough content in them ? could I improve the interpretation of the music ? and the list of my worries go on and on !

So do I sit down and work out the routines again no I get some treats and work with Betty! Just taught her to jump through my arms and its so funny seeing her flying through the air and boy can she jump. Got to ring her Grandma tonight (her breeder in other words) so that we can start to think about registering her with the Kennel Club.

Of course I cannot finish without mentioning the instant Crufts rule that we were told about on Sunday morning which rather took the edge off the semis for me. We have been told that as of next year we will not be able to do an old routine at the semis and a new one at the finals, we will have to do a new routine at the semis and the same at Crufts. This I think is such a shame as it will make the final a rerun of the semis even with different judges. It really has not been thought through and from what we are told is the brain child of one member of the Crufts committee.

Rules that go through the working party at the Kennel Club have to be cleared by so many committees before they make it into the rule book so it seems madness that one person can make a rule and impose it just like that without consultation. I do hope that the competitors will be asked their views on this new rule before its made law.

Anyway its a busy week with a afternoon workshop for a private gundog group tomorrow and then two workshops at the weekend so better go get organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment